BURIAL PLANNING CHECKLIST IN MIDDLETOWN, NJ
TIPS FOR A FUNERAL SERVICE PLANNING CHECKLIST
Planning a funeral in the midst of grief and despair is a challenging concept. The number of tasks that must be completed within a few days is often overwhelming. John F. Pfleger Funeral Home provides advice about a pre-planning funeral checklist to ensure loved ones can focus on their loss instead of funeral planning. Since 1956, we've helped families in Middletown, NJ, with tips on a funeral service planning checklist. As funeral professionals, we can guide families through the necessary tasks during funeral planning, but it's much easier on loved ones when services are planned ahead of time. Burial and funeral services planning ensures each person gets their final wishes fulfilled and saves their loved ones from facing this challenging task. Contact us to learn more.
Best Funeral Planning Checklist
Check out this planning checklist to create your unique funeral arrangements, but remember that you don't need to make all these decisions right now. If you want to talk with one of our staff members about creating personalized funeral plans, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Your father’s name
- Your mother’s maiden name
- Your social security number
- Your level of education
- Fraternal organizations
- Union memberships
- Service organizations
- Any special recognitions
Military Service Information
- Name(s) of war/conflict(s) toured
- Serial number
- Military service
- Branch rank
- Date of enlistment
- Date of discharge
- Select a funeral home.
- Note any specific instructions for your services and final disposition.
- Organize personal information for your obituary.
- If you wish, choose a charity for any donations.
the funeral service
- Select burial or cremation.
- Choose a casket or cremation container.
- Pick funeral locations and service types.
- Make a note of any desired traditions or religious rituals.
- Select the attire you want to be dressed in.
- Arrange transportation for your physical remains and family members.
- Select an overall theme for funeral stationery and any décor.
- Choose floral arrangements.
- Choose any specific hymns and songs you’d like included.
- Pick photos and mementos for a memorial display.
- Designate pallbearers.
- Select a clergy member or officiator for the service.
- Pick friends or family members to say the eulogy, read scripture, do a speech or other readings.
- If you wish, choose any musicians.
- Choose a cemetery.
- Select a burial plot or mausoleum.
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
- Decide who will keep your urn.
- Decide who will scatter your ashes and where.
Why Choose John F. Pfleger for Burial Services?
John F. Pfleger Funeral Home is committed to respecting your last wishes. We pay tribute to departed loved ones with personalized touches. We pay respect to departed loved ones with our funeral and burial services. From preplanning to burial services, we walk with you every step of the way. We're committed to helping grieving families get through difficult times of loss. We offer a wide variety of options, including cremation, burial, and green burial services, providing an honorable way for your loved ones to say goodbye. We understand funeral services are often a tricky topic with family members, so we want to help make it as easy as possible. We're always here to answer your questions about our burial and funeral services. For over 70 years, we've helped thousands of families through the challenging task of burying their loved ones. Contact us to learn more.