FUNERAL ASH SCATTERING SERVICES IN MIDDLETOWN, NJ
CELEBRATE YOUR LOVED ONE’S LIFE WITH DIGNITY AND RESPECT
John. F. Pfleger Funeral Home has served the Middletown, NJ, area for many decades. We are grateful to be a part of our community, and we have a longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones with personal, beautiful services and ceremonies, including ash scattering services.
There is a lot to think about during this difficult time of saying goodbye to your loved one. We understand that it’s hard, which is why we provide comprehensive services. We will take care of everything, providing you with time to grieve and celebrate your loved one with a personal ash scattering service.
WHAT IS ASH SCATTERING?
Ash scattering is a beautiful tradition to celebrate your loved one's life. Scattering ashes involves releasing them into nature, where they will become one with the outdoors. This is a special way to celebrate your loved one, especially if they loved being in the woods, on the ocean, or out in nature during their life. Ash-scattering services have become more and more popular, and John F. Pfleger Funeral Home can provide a beautiful ash-scattering service for your loved one and family. Contact us for more information on our services.
HOW TO SCATTER ASHES
If you’re interested in an ash scattering ceremony for your loved one, we will help you plan everything so the ceremony can go off beautifully and smoothly. Deciding where you’ll scatter your loved one's ashes is a crucial step. This will be an easy choice if they had specific wishes before they passed. If not, we can help you to find the perfect location. You might need special permissions or procedures depending on where you want to spread your loved one's ashes. Federal law prohibits some places or methods. We will ensure the scattering process follows legal procedures so you can focus on the ceremony.
Deciding how to scatter your loved one’s ashes is also important. With the rising popularity of ash scattering ceremonies, specific scattering urns have been designed to make this process as simple as possible. John F. Pfleger Funeral Home carries urns with the latest designs so that you can choose the right scattering urn for your needs.
WHERE SHOULD I SCATTER FUNERAL ASHES?
There are many options for scattering your loved one's ashes. Whether it’s somewhere familiar and sentimental, like a favorite vacation spot, or somewhere they always wanted to rest, our team at John F. Pfleger Funeral Home will ensure that your loved one is laid to rest in the perfect location. Some popular places where people scatter ashes include:
- Private Property: If you own the property your loved one wished to be scattered on, no laws prohibit you from doing that. However, if the property is owned by someone else, you will need the current owner's permission.
- Water Burials: Water burials are common, especially in New Jersey. According to Federal law, the ashes must be scattered at least three nautical miles from shore. John F. Pfleger Funeral Home will ensure that you have a beautiful ceremony on the water.
- National Parks: Many nature lovers want to rest in a National Park. Each park has its own rules and regulations. Sometimes permits need to be obtained, which can take a while. If a National Park is an option for your loved one, we will obtain these permits as soon as possible.
- Scattering Gardens: Some locations, such as cemeteries, churches, and memorial parks have designated areas for scattering ashes called scattering gardens.
- High Points: Is there a beautiful mountain or hill that your loved one enjoyed? These high points can be incredible places to scatter ashes as they are released above one of their favorite views. Ceremonies at high points have to be planned carefully, though, in case the mountain or hill is difficult to reach for everyone who will be attending the ceremony.
There are many different designs of scattering urns that will make the process as easy as possible. Some funeral ash urns are even designed to specifically make scattering ceremonies easier in different locations. Our team at John F. Pfleger Funeral home offers many funeral ash urns, including:
- Water Urn: This urn is designed to be placed into water. Once in the water, it floats upright for a few minutes before the bottom of the urn dissolves. This scattering urn makes for a beautiful and graceful goodbye.
- Scattering Urn: This urn is specifically designed for scattering ashes. It has a long tube-like shape that helps keep the ashes from blowing back. With extra scatter control and ease, the scattering ceremony can be enjoyed by all. In addition, the urn can lock and re-secure the ashes. This is very handy if you only want to scatter part of the ashes or if you want to scatter the ashes in several places.
- Ice Urn: Ice urns are one of the most environmentally friendly options on the market. The entire urn is made of ice. This is great for ceremonies on the water. It can be placed into the water, slowly melting the ice away and gracefully dispersing the ashes.
- Paper Scattering Urns: Some urns are made from paper. These urns are a great affordable option and can be customized with designs or symbols. Paper scattering urns are used for one scatter location only.
CONTACT US TODAY
Contact our team at John F. Pfleger Funeral Home for ash scattering services that will help you to celebrate your loved one's life with dignity and respect. Your needs will be taken care of so you can celebrate your family. Choose the funeral home that has been choosing your community for decades